FEI Scios™ is an ultra-high-resolution analytical DualBeam™ system that delivers outstanding 2D and 3D performance for a broad range of samples, including magnetic material. With innovative features designed to increase throughput, precision, and ease of use, the FEI Scios is ideal for advanced research and analysis across academic, government, and industrial research environments.
Advanced detection technology is at the very core of the FEI Scios. In-lens FEI Trinity™ detection technology collects all signals simultaneously, saving time and offering distinctly different contrasts to capture the maximum amount of data. An innovative, under-the-lens concentric backscatter detector enhances efficiency, enabling you to select a signal based on its angular distribution to easily separate materials and topographic contrast-even at 20 eV landing energy.
Scios for Materials Science
Especially well-suited for a wide range of materials including metals, composites and coatings, the Scios DualBeam will:
- Perform high resolution, high contrast imaging - even on magnetic samples
- Simultaneously detect material, topographic and edge contrast to analyze the full properties of your material using unique Trinity detection suite
- Create site specific cross sections without sample preparation - even on non-conductive materials, with the use of drift suppression milling
- Perform the highest throughput 3D characterization for morphology, chemical and crystallographic analysis. Generate of 3D data cubes to determine size and distribution of inclusions in a metal or analyze the stress and strain around a crack tip in all directions
- Prepare high quality samples - rapidly and reliably with EasyLift™ - while the lowest beam energy polishing available delivers the highest quality S/TEM results
- Instant productivity for operators of all experience levels with unique User Guidance and step by step workflows for common DualBeamTM applications